Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On Feb. 28th I updated the firmware in the Device Manager and no problems were encounter and it updated with no errors. When I look in the events section of the device driver it shows "not started" pending reboot which I did reboot. I am inserting images of what I see and hopefully someone can let me know if this is a problem or just let it go or what. I think maybe the driver that was there had parts of it updated. My machine is running perfectly and booting perfectly.  SFC and all DISM scans found no problems.

Thank you,

Don

Annotation 2020-02-29 143728.pngAnnotation 2020-02-29 150117.pngAnnotation 2020-02-29 143845.png

Annotation 2020-02-29 184717.png

Annotation 2020-02-29 194430.png

Annotation 2020-02-29 185723.png

Don
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Do you actually think that I am going to create headaches and screw up my computer which is running in top form  and only five months old by doing a factory reset? I just asked why the firmware update did not start when I updated it. Doing a factory reset is the last thing I would ever do on my computer and before I would do that I would use my warranty here or at the store I purchased it from which is a full three year warranty replacement and get a new one.  That seems to be the general recommendation at HP is to do a factory reset when an answer is not known. Thanks for the help but no thanks.

Don

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@DonT54, Welcome to HP Support Community!

In order to resolve the issue, follow the steps below-

try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My computer is kept up to date with all updates. The only updates I install from HPSA are the "recommended" updates if needed for my system if I am having problems requiring a specific update. I do not bother with optional updates. I install critical updates from HPSA and my computer is set to automatically download all updates from Microsoft as updates are checked for every 12 to 24 hrs.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Don
HP Recommended

@DonT54

Thanks for replying!

Follow the steps below-

Back up files and data and perform system factory recovery in order to clean install Windows Image

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

· Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3 to perform System Recovery (Windows 10)   

· Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205 to Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Do you actually think that I am going to create headaches and screw up my computer which is running in top form  and only five months old by doing a factory reset? I just asked why the firmware update did not start when I updated it. Doing a factory reset is the last thing I would ever do on my computer and before I would do that I would use my warranty here or at the store I purchased it from which is a full three year warranty replacement and get a new one.  That seems to be the general recommendation at HP is to do a factory reset when an answer is not known. Thanks for the help but no thanks.

Don
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.