Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 550-200na Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In HP Support Assistant there is an option to update the Intel Bluetooth driver. It states you need to remove the old package before install of the new one. However, there are no instructions on how to remove the old package. Is that through Control Panel, Program & Features and uninstall the Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R) or through Device Manager and uninstall Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R) from there? Or does it not matter? Also, do I restart after uninstalling before using HP Support Assistant to install or will Windows 10 try to automatically install the driver after a restart?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @PastelArtist

Thank you for posting back.

The driver version available on HP support assistant will be the tested driver from HP.

There might a newer version available from the manufacturer but it is not tested by HP.

Hope that answers your question and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @PastelArtist

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you wanted to know how to uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

I’d love to help!

You can uninstall and Bluetooth driver from device manager and then reinstall it from HP support assistant. Do not restart the computer after uninstalling the Bluetooth driver.

Follow the steps in the below document to setup your printer.

http://hp.care/2ifKlwR

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The Fossette

Thank-you for your reply. Before I do what you were suggesting I have a query.

Checking the driver version for Bluetooth that is currently installed I see it is 19.10.1635.483 (dated 2/9/2016). However, the version mentioned in HP Support Assistant is 18.1.1611.3223Sp1. Looking on the internet that version is dated 15/3/2016.

Seems to imply that an older version is being offered. Any thoughts? I have the Anniversary version of Windows 10 installed. Was thinking that maybe that Windows 10 version included this later version and HP Support Assistant has not recognised that.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @PastelArtist

Thank you for posting back.

The driver version available on HP support assistant will be the tested driver from HP.

There might a newer version available from the manufacturer but it is not tested by HP.

Hope that answers your question and you have a good day ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The_Fossette

Thank-you for your speedy reply. What I will do then is leave it as it is with the later driver unless I have any issues with that version.

Kind regards

PastelArtist

HP Recommended

Accepted solution

HP Recommended

I UNABLE TO CONNECT MY CREATIVE T4 BLUETOOTH SPEAKER . IT CONTAIN (A2DP) PROFILE .PLEASE PROVIDE ME A BLUETOOTH DRIVER WHICH CONTAIN  (A2DP) PROFILE

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.