Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
d220 MT
Microsoft Windows XP

Getting ready to take the plunge on the wife's machine d220 MT (DP072A).  Ran the Win7 Upgrade Advisor and it states I will need to custom install Win7 in 32-bit mode and and upgrade the current graphics adapter (Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV) as it will not support Aero.  Checked Intel's website and not supported.  Any suggestions appreciated and thanks in advance...

CritterFeeder

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There's nothing you will be able to do to get the onboard graphics to work.

That model doesn't have an AGP graphics slot, so the only thing you would be able to do would be to install a PCI graphics card that is compatible with W7.

The problem with doing that is one of those new cost more than that PC is worth.

I would check on eBay for some used but tested and working PCI graphics cards such as the nvidia Geforce 6200.

I see a few listed there.

It has to be PCI, not PCIe or AGP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There's nothing you will be able to do to get the onboard graphics to work.

That model doesn't have an AGP graphics slot, so the only thing you would be able to do would be to install a PCI graphics card that is compatible with W7.

The problem with doing that is one of those new cost more than that PC is worth.

I would check on eBay for some used but tested and working PCI graphics cards such as the nvidia Geforce 6200.

I see a few listed there.

It has to be PCI, not PCIe or AGP.

HP Recommended

That's what I needed to hear.  Thanks Paul!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.