Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I used motherboard pegatron model 2AC2... 1.02A, bios ami 7.16, procesaor i5 2500s how can update to model 2AC2.. 2.0 because i want upgrade processor to i7 2600.. i install i7 2600 but error unsupported cpu installed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i guess 1.02 is issue i cannot upgrade to i7 2600, i have saw posting about someone pc used i7 2600 and ami 7.16.. 2.0 , from here same i download for update bios from ami 7.02 to 7.16.. and my motherboard code is "IPISB-CU 1.02" , can motherboard IPISB-CU 1.02 upgrade to 2.0.... or install carmel2 to get upgrade 17 2600.... if can how to install carmel2..

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

A spec I found shows your motherboard to fully support both of those CPUs.

The latest BIOS for the 2AC2 is 7.16.  There is a modded version of the 7.16 that allows UEFI graphics cards such as GTX-1070 to work.  That card does require the power supply be upgraded.

Did you try resetting the CMOS?

It  is possible, though unlikely, your motherboard is an early release or engineering sample and does not have the components such as voltage regulators to handle the 95 watt CPUs.  Normally it would not boot when that happends.

Can you provide a photo of the top of the i7-2600 marked CPU?  A link to where it was bought that shows the marking?

A typical HP system with that motherboard could be Pavilion P6-2114 which is so old lit is not listed at HP.  What is the HP model you have, if any?

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

My HP model is S5-1020d, i52500s  processor... i want upgrade to i7 2600... i already reset cmos and install i7 2600... but error unsupported cpu installed, plz help me how do i can install i7 2600

20230623_092140.jpg

20230621_151835.jpg

HP Recommended

The CPU should have been recognized.  Possibly the revision of the motherboard need to be 2.0 instead of 1.02 but that is just a guess.

The CPUID of the i7-2600 is 0x206A7 but only the last 4 count.

I  downloaded the 7.16 bios for your S5-1020d from here and also the GPU modded "carmel 2" bios here and they appear to match except for the mod to get the newer GTX-10xx to work.

Both bios show the CPUID for the i7-2600 CPU

BeemerBiker_0-1687536133901.png

I noticed that the Base Board info for the bios shows 2.0 for the version

BeemerBiker_1-1687536284186.png

Did you update the bios yourself?  if so, you might want to download that app AMIBCP 4.50 and look at the bios and see if the CPUID for the i7-2600 is shown in the microcode patch.

There is always the possibility that the wrong bios was installed.  Can you see "IPISB-CU 1.02" on the motherboard or the HP part 644016-001

HP Recommended

i guess 1.02 is issue i cannot upgrade to i7 2600, i have saw posting about someone pc used i7 2600 and ami 7.16.. 2.0 , from here same i download for update bios from ami 7.02 to 7.16.. and my motherboard code is "IPISB-CU 1.02" , can motherboard IPISB-CU 1.02 upgrade to 2.0.... or install carmel2 to get upgrade 17 2600.... if can how to install carmel2..

HP Recommended

You will need the Rev 2.0 of the IPISB-CU motherboard unfortunately

BeemerBiker_0-1687743721011.png

I do not recommend using that GPU mod for the Carmel 2 as you have 1.02

You might look through eBay for LGA1155 type motherboards for use with your i7-2600.  Some of the B75 chipset have an m.2 socket and use a standard atx power supply.

HP Recommended

i have install AMIBCP.... how to find text stringscarmel2.jpgcarmel3.jpg menu to see 2.00

HP Recommended

@Shaffry100 wrote:

i have install AMIBCP.... how to find text stringscarmel3.jpg menu to see 2.00

That does not match the Carmel 2 bios microcode patch that I downloaded.  The link you supplied downloads the same file (the unpatched) that I displayed earlier.

Using the app SAFEUWINP.EXE please save your bios using the /O command

BeemerBiker_0-1687776195602.png

After saving the rom file, open it using that bcp program and look for the microcode 06a7

Is your motherboard labeled 1.02?

My HP Pro3400 is "CUPERTINO2_H61 uATX 1.02", it has an i5-2500s but can run the newer GTX-1060 type graphics due to the GPU patch.  This was discussed here

and also here

[edit]  There are several versions of that BCP program.   The one I had was old.  My 4.55 version duplicated those additional microcodes you displayed.  Before flashing any new bios you should download the one you are currently using.

HP Recommended

it is only motherboard ver 7,16 is latest version... i update my motherboard to 7.16 and i try install i7-2600 but error 'unsupported cpu installed' i have no idea to solve this problem.. i have also try beemerbiker solution, install modded carmel 2 bios but when restart my coller fan spinning very past ..... 

HP Recommended

to beemerbiker; i have install modded carmel 2 bios but coller fan spinning very fast and make a loud noise. and why app safeuwinp.exe, when used command klik / have no is close app, that app cannot be used command

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.