Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thank everybody in this forum, I am newbie. My system is an OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-017ns (ENERGY STAR)

My question is:

I want to install a Virtual Machine, an Oracle one, in an 64bits environment like my system. I can’t find my 64bits environment during set-up of the virtual box. Do I need to do some change in my BIOS or in my system?.

Thanks.

By.

Sistema Windows 10 Home 64-bit.CPU Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz Sky lake 14nm Technology.

RAM 16,0GB Doble-Canal.

Placa base HP 2B4B (U3E1).

Gráfica   SMBX2231 (1920x1080@60Hz) NVIDIA Ge Forcé GTX 970.

Almacenamiento:

238GB SanDisk (SSD)

931GB Seagate (SATA).

Unidades ópticas Hp HLDS DVDRW.

Audio Realtek High Definition Audio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, following instructions, now I can see my w10 64bits environment on the  Oracle VBos software. Thanks a lot. Bye.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if your PC has a BIOS setting located as in the picture below to enable virtualization...

Carmel2 bios VT setting.jpg

HP Recommended

Here is a long support thread for virtualbox on this issue:

http://superuser.com/questions/668006/why-virtual-box-wont-give-me-option-to-create-64-bits-guests

Lots of supposed fixes...reinstall virtualbox, turn off Hyper-V, etc. Have you checked the BIOS to be sure hardware virtualization is turned on if available? A 32 bit guest will run without hardware virtualization support but not a 64 bit guest. 

HP Recommended

Ok, and thanks you very much. I found the ítem Virtualization, in my BIOS, Security, Seg. System, and I put it as Enable. The system looks stable, and next I will install the Virtual Box again. I will tell you the situation. And again, thank you very much four your time.

By. Francisco.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

OK, following instructions, now I can see my w10 64bits environment on the  Oracle VBos software. Thanks a lot. Bye.

HP Recommended

just so it shows, if someone is looking for this answer for a 880-104np ( as I was ), it works

thanks Paul

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, @Gwyffes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.