Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P6670/HP Stream 14-CBxxxxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My desktop came with this real nice big volume display that appears in the middle of the screen whenever I adjust the volume

(See attachment). I'd like to add it to my new laptop but I have no idea what it's technically called & how to find it & if it's

even some type of software or what ? Could it be hidden somewhere in my laptop ?

Is anyone familiar with this &/or have it also & can help ?

Thanks !

Big Volume Display.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

The software is called the HP On Screen Display utility and it came with W7.

Apparently, when you upgraded your PC to W10, it still worked.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if the W7 OSD software will install on W10.

This package provides the HP On-Screen Display Utility for the supported models and operating systems. The HP On-Screen Display Utility enables the pop-up graphic displays that are shown on the screen when certain characteristics, such as volume or brightness, are changed.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55152.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul !

That helps. I didn't see it in the MS Store. (I might not know what to look for exactly or how MS titles it.)

My laptop is still in S mode due to the warranty but I think it's ending soon so I may take it out of S mode.

(I never liked S mode anyway !)

Thanks for the link also ! If you know anything else please let me know !

I appreciate you replying so fast.

Scott

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Scott.

Yes, you will have to have the regular version of Windows to run any file not from the MS Store.

Hopefully, it will work for you.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

I finally took my laptop out of S mode. (Freedom !!)  I tried the link/program you sent but it seems to be blocked by

an unknown administrator. Maybe I need the webpage that you got the link from ? When I click on it I get the pop-up

that states run or save. I tried both but get the administrator pop-up. I have also got 3rd party programs with no problem.

Is there another way you can send it where it will work please ? I'm not very pc savvy but can it be run through/in

PowerShell or Command Prompt ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, I'm not sure which version you sent, but I'm looking for the one just like the screenshot I posted.

Thanks again !

HP Recommended

Hi, Scott:

That's odd.  I just downloaded the file with no problem.

Since I did, I have another idea.

I have zipped up the file and uploaded it to my Skydrive folder and shared the link to that folder with you below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=ohgWlj

Download, unzip and run the file labeled sp55152.zip

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the fast reply. I'll give it a whirl tonite & post back later with the results.

Thank you again kind sir !

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

You mentioned you downloaded it yourself.

Is it like the screenshot I posted ?

HP Recommended

No, I meant that I had no difficulty downloading the file.

If it works, it will be pretty much like what you have in your screenshot.

Volume level and display brightness.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.