Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart IQ532
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I install W10 on my HP Touchsmart IQ532.?

Now it's running Vista Home Pre. 64bits.

Are there drivers for al the devices?

thanks anyway.

whit regards,

Ad Timmermans

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@adtimmermans

The HP machines that came preinstalled with Vista have no HP drivers for Win10.  HP only wrote Win10 drivers for some of the Win7 PCs.

And yes, you should run the MS appraisal too to see what it says.  IF there are serious driver, hardware, or application conflicts, it will tell you.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@adtimmermans

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

The question is not whether you CAN install Win10, but whether you SHOULD.

First, there is no Upgrade Path from Vista to Win10, and by this I mean that the Win10 installation will retain NOTHING from your existing Vista installation.  This means that you will have to find and reinstall ALL your applications, and since the ones you have were written for Vista, you will likely have to hunt down new versions for Win10, and any of those applications that are commercial will require you to PURCHASE the new versions.

Second, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your PC, so if you force the installation of Win10, you will be STUCK using the generic drivers that Microsoft installs as a byproduct of the Upgrade.  This means that you are likely to encounter function problems with the hardware that can not be fixed because the drivers needed for that simply don't exist.

And finally, the Win10 Upgrade had problems even with the Win7 PCs, resulting in some of them being trashed in the process (one of them was mine!), and this presents a serious problem for Vista-era PCs because no one carries either the OS or Recovery Media for it anymore.  So, if the Upgrade trashes your PC, you then have no way to recover.

Personally, I would advise strongly AGAINST attempting the Upgrade.

But, you could consider running this Microsoft appraisal tool to see what it thinks:  http://www.thewindowsclub.com/manually-run-windows-10-compatibility-appraiser

HP Recommended

Hi Dean,

Thank you for your comprehensive comment.

I want to upgrade because the users don't now Vista and are accustomed whit W10.

Actually I don't want a upgrade but a fully new install.

Reinstall all applications is no problem.

I'm worry about the drivers.

If there are not all the drivers for all the hardware,then I have to stay whit Vista.

Do you now if there is a check for this?

Or checks the appraisal tool this also?

Thanks anyway

HP Recommended

@adtimmermans

The HP machines that came preinstalled with Vista have no HP drivers for Win10.  HP only wrote Win10 drivers for some of the Win7 PCs.

And yes, you should run the MS appraisal too to see what it says.  IF there are serious driver, hardware, or application conflicts, it will tell you.

Good Luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.