Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 455 G4, A9-9410, 8G
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

what does  "hp system default settings for windows 10" do? What for settings are changed in which manner?

thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@o0Julia0o,

As vague as your question has been,  I suggest you be more specific.

The meaning of default settings is that.  The setings are returned to their original factory parameters.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

i wan´t to know which settings are the factory settings. Windows factory settings or hp factory settings?

HP Recommended

@o0Julia0o,

Which settingas are you asking about.  Where in the system/computer?

BIOS, Ease of Access, Browser, what program?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

thank you, i am asking about the settings which the "hp system default settings for windows 10" sets.

HP Recommended

I know this is old but I cannot let it go AND it hasn't been answered.

One word would make the request quite a bit clearer instead of this circular questioning problem for oOJuliaOo.

Application

Here is oOJuliaOo's response again BUT with the added word.

thank you, i am asking about the settings which the application "hp system default settings for windows 10" sets.

This is part of the HP 'Value Added software" that HP pre-installs on computers.  From searching online, this application resets the power settings in the registry.  I did not find this on the HP website although I did not perform an exhaustive search so take that information with a grain of salt.  If this is accurate, perhaps HP should rename the installed application.

Based on the above information, it can also probably be uninstalled without affecting normal/everyday operation of the computer.

The problem with finding information about this on the web is that the application name is also be a very popular search phrase for a computer's system settings.

I hope this helps someone...in some way.

HP Recommended

HP puts so much crapware on their computers and Marketing gives them a cutzie name that has no meaning. It is impossible to tell what it does and if it is worthwhile. There I feel better now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.