Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

According to what I noticed, I have this HP file in the folder:
"C:\Windows\System32\Drivestore\ FILEREPOSITORY\ hpcustomcapcomp.inf_amd64_844FE58F152C16A8\x64", as shown in the figure.
I never installed this HP program, I think it was an update of the Windows Update driver that put it there.
Whenever the computer begins or restarts, this temporary file appears in the temporary folder of Windows.1.PNG2.PNG4.PNG5.PNG

HP Recommended

I had also found a file, , it must have been this too, so I reinstalled the program ..
and then I uninstalled it, and no problem with the service afterwards!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello @ Prométhée.

It's just that I never installed this program, nor do I have it in my installed programs. It looks like this in that folder:
"C:\Windows\System32\Drivestore\filerepository\ hpcustomcapcomp.inf_amd64_844FE58F152C16A8\x64"
I don't know how this appeared, I have an idea that it was a driver update from HP via Windows update.

HP Recommended

I say that I installed the program again to verify, with the file HPDCSetup.exe
restarted, then uninstalled, and no problem

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I'll leave it as it is and that's it. It also doesn't affect the computer and also if "the computer isn't broken, why am I going to break it", doing this experiment.😉

Thank you for all your attention @Prométhée👍

HP Recommended

I would say that for having tried, , no risk, since I had no problem, installation then uninstall  without any problem ..
but, I could have managed, if that had been the case, I think
Indeed, it does not have a huge impact, wise decision to leave it alone!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hello Promethee and JP076. Sorry I have not responded sooner but I just got done reading your discussions. I too have found that file and the installation of that file coincides as to when the temp files started to appear. My questions are to both of you you are as follows:

Is it safe to delete the file found in "C:\Windows\System32?

From where would I reinstall that file if I deleted it if I needed to?

Would deleting the file cause harm to my HP Omen or my wife's HP Envy Laptop?

So do both of you suggest leaving the file alone at this point and deal with the temp files it generates?

It would be interesting to know if all HP computers got this driver as well?

I truly thank you both for your helpful insights and solutions to this and tracking this down. I feel this was a great example of members helping each other to solve something like this and this is what makes the HP Forum so effective and helpful.

Respectfully

Don
HP Recommended

hi sorry @DonT54 

if you want to know, I hadn't paid attention
that another user, it was embedded without warning, I always thought discussed with the same person
so, whatever, don't delete anything like that!
this is of no particular consequence , leave it as it is

all I can tell you is that I installed the program from the files mentioned above
and that after uninstalling, I have no temporary file that appears

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hello JP076.  Below is a copy of the reply I sent to Promethee but I wanted to personally thank you for your detective work in finding the source of the temp filers being generated.

Sorry I have not responded sooner but I just got done reading your discussions. I too have found that file and the installation of that file coincides as to when the temp files started to appear. My questions are to both of you you are as follows:

Is it safe to delete the file found in "C:\Windows\System32?

From where would I reinstall that file if I deleted it if I needed to?

Would deleting the file cause harm to my HP Omen or my wife's HP Envy Laptop?

So do both of you suggest leaving the file alone at this point and deal with the temp files it generates?

It would be interesting to know if all HP computers got this driver as well?

I truly thank you both for your helpful insights and solutions to this and tracking this down. I feel this was a great example of members helping each other to solve something like this and this is what makes the HP Forum so effective and helpful.

Respectfully

Don
Don
HP Recommended

@Prométhée wrote:

hi sorry @DonT54 

if you want to know, I hadn't paid attention
that another user, it was embedded without warning, I always thought discussed with the same person
so, whatever, don't delete anything like that!
this is of no particular consequence , leave it as it is

all I can tell you is that I installed the program from the files mentioned above
and that after uninstalling, I have no temporary file that appears

@DonT54  don't bother with this thing

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.