Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline s5510f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded my OS on my HP Pavilion Slimline S5510F desktop that had: Windows 7. Pro. - 64bit & now: Windows 10. Pro. - 64 bit to be windows update & system security compliant, so I'm looking for installing drivers for my desktop.

Can anyone guide me as to where to get them  & thanks,

Chris Canfield.

Chris Canfield
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi, Chris:

HP does not support that model for W10 and since it is more than 10 years old, has also retired support for it.

I looked at the specs on your PC and from what I can tell everything should be working except the onboard Nvidia graphics and perhaps the SD card reader.

Is that correct?

If so, you have to manually install the W8 Nvidia graphics driver so that it works on W10.

Here's how to do that.

First install this free file utility.  The 2nd link at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

7-Zip (7-zip.org)

Then download and save, but do not run this graphics driver.

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce 309.08 Driver WHQL

After you download the Nvidia graphics driver, right click on it and select 7-Zip from the list of items on the menu.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name.

Once that is completed, go to the device manager.  Click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver. 

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option, and browse to the driver folder that 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

There is a W10 audio driver which you can get from the link below.   Select the Windows 64 bit driver.

PC Audio Codecs > High Definition Audio Codecs Software - REALTEK

The SD card reader is USB powered and there are no drivers for it, so if that doesn't work unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for you to get it to work.

HP Recommended

Paul_Tikkanen, 

Thanks 4 getting back to me on this issue of mine.

I'm not sure on the SD card reader driver, but I can say for sure on the Nvidia graphics, cause my Device Manager is showing a display driver, listed as: "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".

Thanks for the help on this !😁 😊😉

Chris Canfield.

Chris Canfield
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Chris.

HP Recommended

Just tested my SD card reader & seems to work fine.

JUST WANTED TO TELL U AS A "FYI".

Chris Canfield.

Chris Canfield
HP Recommended

That is great news.

So all you need to do is to install the graphics driver and install the W10 audio driver and you should be all set.

HP Recommended

We have a problem !

The NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce 309.08 Driver WHQL web link u gave me did not cover my upgraded OS, being: Windows 10. Pro. - 64bit & the driver says, on the webpage:

"Operating System:                 Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit"

(SEE Attached IMAGE's RED Highlighted Box) !

Untitled.png

Will this work on Windows 10. Pro. - 64 bit or will u search for a  Windows 10. Pro. - 64 bit equivilent, ?

Chris Canfield
HP Recommended

just did a video graphics look from a webpage on the spec's on my desktop, via hp (HP Pavilion Slimline s5510f Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support), the info on the video graphics, & it shows that i have:    

Integrated graphics using  nVidia GeForce 6150SE 

I hope this info helps u out.

Chris Canfield
HP Recommended

That's right.

Nvidia did not develop any W8.1 or W10 drivers for the Nvidia GeForce 6150SE graphics, which is why I gave you the step by step instructions above on how to get the W8 driver (which was the last one Nvidia released for that model graphic adapter) to work on W10.

I've given these instructions literally dozens of times in the past.

Just today, this forum member thanked me for getting his PC with the same GPU to work on W10...

Solved: Re: Hp Pav a6330f - HP Support Community - 7912406

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.