Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 6670t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

Back when I upgraded to IE 11 the 3d blue WEB PAGE scrollbar was replaced with a dull looking one similar to the one in windows 10. The 3d blue scrollbars for the tools windows remained thankfully. I found 1 on the web that just changed the color of the web page scrollbar with the theme. I copied the script & put it in PowerShell.  It's ok, but I'd like to get the original 1 back.  

Does anyone have the CSS style sheet for this &/or know where I can get it or find it in my pc ?  I've had no luck @ all.

I don't know how to read style sheets but I can copy & paste them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!  🙂

Thank You !!  🙂

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

SL58 I must say that this issue with Windows 7 OS is not longer supported by Microsoft or HP, hence, I can provide minimum support for you, if the below steps don't help, I request you to contact Microsoft for further assistance or check with a local tech/forum:

You can create a cascading style sheet (.CSS) for toolbar colors and then point to it in Tools > Internet Options > General > Appearance > Accessibility > User Style Sheet > Style Sheet. Be sure to check "format documents using my style sheet:.

Creating CSS is another topic you can search on.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi  R_D,

Thanks for replying. Hope you saw my PM.

I looked into the CSS idea but I just want the original blue 3d webpage scrollbar. I did go to Internet Options > Advanced &

had a thought. What if I clicked "Restore Advanced Settings" instead of "Reset" ?   Do you think that would bring back the scrollbar without reverting  to IE 8 or 9 ? See the attachments & thanks again.

Take care

Reset IE Settings.PNGI Os.PNG

HP Recommended

@SL58 Ideally, that should work too, go ahead and give that a try, let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Will do. I also have in mind that the box is checked (Red Arrow) & I do have IE 11. We'll see what happens.

HP Recommended

R_D,

Gave it a shot with no results. Here's something else I'm thinking of.

I found something on Microsoft's website that appears to be what I'm looking for. It looks like it can be copied & pasted.

Would it hurt if I tried this in PowerShell or command prompt ? Please take a look when you have time & let me know.

Thanks again !

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/ms531153(v%3dvs.85)

Windows 7 Scrollbar..PNG

HP Recommended

@SL58 Let's give that a shot, and do keep me posted with the results,

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, meanwhile. 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

R_D, Gave it a shot in PS & CP with no dice. PC's ok though. Here's the results.

It looked good on the MS site though !

PS.PNGCP.PNG

HP Recommended

@SL58 That's not what I was expecting either, although, that said, we seem to have reached the end of the line, for further steps you may need to contact Microsoft, 

Alternatively, you could just use another web browser instead, such as Firefox or Google Chrome. 🙂

I hope that helps,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

R_D

IE 11 is running fine.

Just wanted that classic web scrollbar back.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Thanks again.

Cheers !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.