Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Basically, all my .exex files switched over to using Windows Media Player to open, and i cant restore from backup because that is a .exe can anyone help me out and help me fix this? im desperate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try this fix

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try this fix

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thank you so much!! i love you so much right now.

HP Recommended

you can go through all the {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion}on the internet or windows site, they tell you to open CMD yet its also WMPyed!! nway, STOP WORRYING,i have a much simpler solution that worked for me(WIN 7 Based):

1. START>>CONTROL PANEL>>UNINSTAL A PROGRAM and uninstall the program that you last installed/the person last installed. when uninstalling it make sure you check to remove all its files/default settings and you are good to go!!!

2. START>>CONTROL PANEL>>PROGRAMS>>TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON or OFF>>MEDIA FEATURES>>uncheck WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER and press OK. THis works perfect for WINDOWS 7..if you aren't using win7 then please look for a nice cloud OS if ur machine is low end!!!!

HP Recommended
good day! thanks for your contribution but even Turn Windows features on or off opens with window media player when clicked
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.