Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034  16GB Mem  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz  250 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD and I am on Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Build19042.685 and I have a question about the Windows Update Services setting. I asked in the MS Forum several weeks ago what was the default setting for Windows Update in Services as  I noticed my wife's Envy Laptop was set at Manual Trigger but my Omen was set at Automatic Delayed Start Manual Trigger. I was told the default was Manual Trigger so  I stopped the Windows Update Service and set it to Manual Trigger Start as suggested and restarted the service and my computer. I checked on it off an on for a few days and it was holding Manual Trigger Start but I noticed today after I installed today's 12/8/20 Patch Tuesday update I checked it in services and it was set back to Automatic Delayed Start Trigger Start. I am the only one that uses this computer and I know I did not set it back. Does anyone have any idea as to why it would set itself back to Automatic Delayed Start Trigger Start? I have not stopped the service and set it back to Manual Trigger Start and restarted the service as I am going to let it stay like it is since it seems it wants to be Automatic Delayed Trigger Start. Some one said I could go into the registry and change it but I am leery of messing with the registry and HP may have set Windows Update Service to Automatic Delayed Start Trigger Start for a reason to begin with.  I would greatly appreciate any insight into this.

Respectfully

Don
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

My system is Manual (Trigger Start).

I would not fret if Windows Update works.

Delayed Start usually means you have a time lapse before the Service runs. But it will run.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

My system is Manual (Trigger Start).

I would not fret if Windows Update works.

Delayed Start usually means you have a time lapse before the Service runs. But it will run.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you very much for your reply. I just brought my computer out of sleep after about 5 hours and I checked Win Update in Services and it was running but after a few minutes it has stopped now so yes your statement that it will run is correct. I will keep Windows Update like it is now as I did not  have any trouble with updates when it was set to Auto Delayed Manual Trigger before I switched it to Manual Trigger. Thank you again for your input.

Respectfully,

Don

Don
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.