cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
DonT54
Level 4
63 21 2 10
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows Update Service Setting

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034  16GB Mem  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz  250 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD and I am on Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Build19042.685 and I have a question about the Windows Update Services setting. I asked in the MS Forum several weeks ago what was the default setting for Windows Update in Services as  I noticed my wife's Envy Laptop was set at Manual Trigger but my Omen was set at Automatic Delayed Start Manual Trigger. I was told the default was Manual Trigger so  I stopped the Windows Update Service and set it to Manual Trigger Start as suggested and restarted the service and my computer. I checked on it off an on for a few days and it was holding Manual Trigger Start but I noticed today after I installed today's 12/8/20 Patch Tuesday update I checked it in services and it was set back to Automatic Delayed Start Trigger Start. I am the only one that uses this computer and I know I did not set it back. Does anyone have any idea as to why it would set itself back to Automatic Delayed Start Trigger Start? I have not stopped the service and set it back to Manual Trigger Start and restarted the service as I am going to let it stay like it is since it seems it wants to be Automatic Delayed Trigger Start. Some one said I could go into the registry and change it but I am leery of messing with the registry and HP may have set Windows Update Service to Automatic Delayed Start Trigger Start for a reason to begin with.  I would greatly appreciate any insight into this.

Respectfully

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,668 679 1,459
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

My system is Manual (Trigger Start).

I would not fret if Windows Update works.

Delayed Start usually means you have a time lapse before the Service runs. But it will run.

Regards

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,668 679 1,459
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

My system is Manual (Trigger Start).

I would not fret if Windows Update works.

Delayed Start usually means you have a time lapse before the Service runs. But it will run.

Regards

View solution in original post

DonT54
Author
Level 4
63 21 2 10
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you very much for your reply. I just brought my computer out of sleep after about 5 hours and I checked Win Update in Services and it was running but after a few minutes it has stopped now so yes your statement that it will run is correct. I will keep Windows Update like it is now as I did not  have any trouble with updates when it was set to Auto Delayed Manual Trigger before I switched it to Manual Trigger. Thank you again for your input.

Respectfully,

Don

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation