Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen by hp desktop Pc 870 200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, so I’m selling my computer to my friend. I go to wipe it clean like I’m supposed to do, and it says when I’m going to rest it, getting things ready then it will say “there was a problem resetting your PC No changes were made” I’ve looked up some videos tried it and it still said that. Please try to give me more ways to rest it or a way to wipe it another way. Or how to wipe it manual. Thanks Sebastian

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sebastian30 

IF the built-in reset does not work, that implies that the HP Recovery information got corrupted somehow.

One option would be to order something known as HP Recovery Media -- as that will do a complete factory reset on your PC as it starts out by erasing and restoring the PC.

But understand, it does not WIPE the drive -- as that removes all trace of anything that was on it; instead, it only ERASES it, and that removes only the partition and filesystem information, which leaves all the present data on the drive such that any decent file recovery app can get it back.

You could also download and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 from MS, but as that also reformats and erases the drive partitions, it suffers from the same limitations.

To really WIPE the drive, you need third-party software and boot media from which to run it.   A couple of well-known examples are MiniTool Partition Wizard and Easeus Partition Master.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.