Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
p7-1270t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a hp pavilion p7-1270t and am trying to make a 1050ti compatible. I was told that my motherboard does not support this graphics card by a technician on the forum. He said I could upgrade the bios but recommended buying a different graphics card. I have already purchased the 1050ti and cannot buy another. My question is will bios update "7.16 Rev. A," allow me to use the 1050ti? It is the only update available and I want to make sure it will make the gpu compatible before I install it. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@votaugh,

There is no way to make the GTX 1050ti work with your BIOS (called Legacy).

1) No updated BIOS was created that would allow such.

2) The newer UEFI vBIOS is required for that card. No such update will be issued.

Because you do not like the truth does not change the answer that @old_geekster gave you.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/boot-up-problems/m-p/6401229#M46633

Alas I noted your hard line. :mansad:   Not waiting to buy another card.  Want the best answer?  Find a GTX 660, purchase a Corsair CX600 PSU, and be happy. :manhappy:  

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Very sorry to tell you your motherboard is a Legacy board. Your MB only supports BIOS version 7.xx updates.

BIOS versions 8.xx and higher support UEFI graphics cards such as the 1050.

You can run Nvidia 600 series cards on your PC.

MSI makes AMD cards and an Nvidia 750Ti that will run on a Leagcy BIOS.

Sapphire makes some AMD cards .

Tom

HP Recommended

@votaugh,

There is no way to make the GTX 1050ti work with your BIOS (called Legacy).

1) No updated BIOS was created that would allow such.

2) The newer UEFI vBIOS is required for that card. No such update will be issued.

Because you do not like the truth does not change the answer that @old_geekster gave you.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/boot-up-problems/m-p/6401229#M46633

Alas I noted your hard line. :mansad:   Not waiting to buy another card.  Want the best answer?  Find a GTX 660, purchase a Corsair CX600 PSU, and be happy. :manhappy:  

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

shoot I thought it said "can" instead of "can't." Well thank you for making me realize that I have come to terms with this outcome. I should have checked the forums BEFORE I bought the GPU :indifferent:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.