Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 5801-xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to open mp4 files

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
We should be a little more precise!
But not all readers are suitable for opening this type of file
Try VLC it can read several types of files

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4050842/windows-10-how-to-play-mp4-files

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Without downloading more software I figured it out on my own.

So much for help from the community .

All I got was sarcasm from the computer Geek Promethee," We should be a little more precise!"
"But not all readers are suitable for opening this type of file "

Too bad that you don't live up to the screen name that you have chosen, Promethee.

I wouldn't have asked for help if I was more computer savvy.

I clicked on the file & clicked on down load & then was able to open it. The only inconvenience is I had to go back into downloads & delete it if I didn't want to save it.

I hope this helps other novice PC users.

HP Recommended

Sorry, but not at all!
If you do not know exactly what the problem is, you can only answer vaguely!
If I say for example
"my car, don't start", what to think?
It can be anything and everything!

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage

To ensure a safe and productive community, we ask that you observe these rules:

1. Be respectful. Respect your fellow users by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Good or bad, your experiences are always welcome as long as they are offered in a courteous way. Respect people's time and attention by providing complete information about your question or problem, including product name and model number. People like helping those who ask good questions.

How To Make A Post

Still sorry, but I come from the French Forum, and it is not easy to try to help, by being obliged to use a translator

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.