Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
23 -q-113W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm getting a code 45 in my device manager for my hd complient touchscreen.. HELP

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cheryllee Welcome to HP Forums Community,

I suggest you run a hardware test to identify the cause of the error code 45 as it usually represents a disconnected hardware component, please use the below steps to your advantage:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
  • If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If passed, please perform the below steps:

Troubleshooting the cause of the failure:

1] To run the Hardware Troubleshooter, click on Start and then click on the gear like symbol which opens the Settings page. While there, type troubleshooting and press enter.

2] A Troubleshooting windows will appear. Click on the Hardware and Sound option there.

3] Select Hardware and Devices. Another window will appear. Click on Next there to start running the troubleshoot.

Scanning and Repairing Hard Disk Corruption

1] In the search box, type Command and then press CTRL+Shift+Enter. Type “chkdsk /f” in the CMD box and hit ENTER.

Check Disk will begin scanning for possible hard disk corruption that could be the reason behind Error code 45. If found, it will repair the same.

3] Update, rollback or reinstall the Driver

You may want to check if your device drivers are up-to-date.
This post will show you how to update or reinstall Device Drivers.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did all of that. The system has passed every test i've run but my touchscreen no longer shows up. Not even in hidden devices.

HP Recommended

@cheryllee If you've done all that and yet the issue persists, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.