Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion All-in-One 27-r104La
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. 

I need a bit of help activating my function keys and none of the options that iI've been given have worked, that means no fn+esc, fn+shift, no BIOS, no mobility center, I don't know what else to do, i would really apreciate the help

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TAOMIke,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• Are you function keys not working when you press them?
  • Are the function keys not working in any software or application?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While you respond to that, I would like to inform you that if you are looking to disable/reserve the FN key function then there is no option to do that.

Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TAOMIke,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• Are you function keys not working when you press them?
  • Are the function keys not working in any software or application?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While you respond to that, I would like to inform you that if you are looking to disable/reserve the FN key function then there is no option to do that.

Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Thank you

The function keys are working, it's just that i would like that they worked as functions without me having to keep pressed the fn key, and yes i belive i have tried every troubleshooting option i know, but then you are saying that there is no way to change that?

HP Recommended

@TAOMIke,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Yes, as informed earlier, there is no option to change that setting on the computer or in the BIOS.

Hope that answers your question.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ok, thanks for the help, at least now i have a clear answer TwT

Thank you so much, i appreciate the help.

HP Recommended

@TAOMIke,

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.