Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
290-p0043w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

is there a program or script available to just slam all ports closed denying access to my pc? i would gladly hit the panic button until he finds somewhere else to roost....i fail to understand microsoft selling a product that a ten year old can take from me at will... i should be able to close the gate in a couple strokes if i choose, they got my money.....lol.....can i have my mind back please?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@wwallace 

In answer to your first question -- no -- as there are literally hundreds of ports, many of them not documented.

The only way a hacker can be "in your PC" is one of the following:

1) a person gained physical access to your PC while you were not there and created their own account or they hijacked your account.  Barring remote operation, they would only be "in your PC" while they were sitting at it!

2) a person gained access to your network either because you failed to secure it properly, or because they obtained a password to get in via WiFi.

So, given these descriptions, which one most accurately describes the problem you're having?

We can proceed when you provide the information.
Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.