Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP compaq dc 7800 convertible minitower
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Capturea.PNG

how to install this microcode update? and is it necessary if i want to upgrade form dual core cpu to quad core cpu ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

We have already gone over this before...

Re: i have an HP compaq dc 7800 convertible minitower and i ... - HP Support Community - 8426983

You shouldn't need to update the microcode if you install BIOS v1.35.

If you install a supported quad core processor after you update the BIOS and for some reason you get a microcode update error, then you update the microcode, and I gave you a link in the above discussion that explains in detail how to do that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

We have already gone over this before...

Re: i have an HP compaq dc 7800 convertible minitower and i ... - HP Support Community - 8426983

You shouldn't need to update the microcode if you install BIOS v1.35.

If you install a supported quad core processor after you update the BIOS and for some reason you get a microcode update error, then you update the microcode, and I gave you a link in the above discussion that explains in detail how to do that.

HP Recommended

hi

c01202501.pdf

Hardware Reference Guide - HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower

Illustrated Parts & Service Map - HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower Business PC

already check what is mentioned compatible in the documents
If you tried to install a processor, not mentioned, it is possible that regardless of the update or not, it may not work, to check, if the said update brings an addition of compatibility!
Anyway, start by installing your processor, then if you have no choice, try the update!

so check

https://support.hp.com/soar-attachment/949/col36590-vc-90082-1-vc-90082-1_sp51245.html

to answer the question just follow what is said
So for now, do nothing.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).

2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.