Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp slimline 290-p0001ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help please, why computer hp slimline 290-p0001ur not sees SSD hp ss ds 700 m. 2 ? Anyone else encountered this problem? Does not see even in BIOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Alex511,

You're very welcome.

You should have no problems with the new PCIe NVME drive.

Regards

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

There are two data protocols used with M.2 drives:

SATA III

PCIe

Your PC only supports PCIe.

The HP SSD may be a SATA device.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you Grzwacz. That is, I have to buy an HP / SSD EX900 250Gb, M.2 and it will work with my computer because it has a PCI-E interface? I can’t understand why HP does not write the type of interface M.2 (SATA or PCI-E)? Why should customers look for solutions for HP products themselves? Is there an HP representative here? Can he give a clear answer to the question?

HP Recommended

Hi Alex511,

Yes, the EX950 should work correctly because it is a PCIe Gen 3 x4, NVME storage device.

I have helped other folks with this issue. HP usually limits M.2 protocol to PCIe on newer consumer devices. Your PC's motherboard has only two SATA connectors. 

HP Support has no official presence in the forum.

Will contact a HP Forum Moderator to see if additional assistance can be provided.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz,

thank you, you are the only person who helps me solve my problem.

Tell me whether the SSD HP EX900 250Gb, M.2 will fit my computer?

HP Recommended

Hi Alex511,

You're very welcome.

The EX900 M.2 (Link To specs) is a 2280 drive (22 mm by 80 mm).

Your PC's motherboard (Link to the motherboard) has a 2280 M.2 socket 3. Look in "Expansion Slots" at this link.

Socket 3 means PCIe x4.

The EX900 will fit like a glove.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Alex511,

You're very welcome.

The EX900 M.2 (Link To specs) is a 2280 drive (22 mm by 80 mm).

Your PC's motherboard (Link to the motherboard) has a 2280 M.2 socket 3. Look in "Expansion Slots" at this link.

Socket 3 means PCIe 3x4.

The EX900 will fit like a glove.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz,

thank you for your help. Yesterday I called HP technical support (Russia), they couldn’t answer the question that we are discussing. Today I have to get a new SSD card which we talked about, I will try to install it on my computer.

HP Recommended

Hi Alex511,

You're very welcome.

You should have no problems with the new PCIe NVME drive.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz,

Thanks, everything is working fine. Thanks for support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.