Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Z5000 Bluetooth Mouse
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello all, I have a HP Z5000 Bluetooth Mouse, that I'm using on my MacBook Pro 2016 15".

It is working fine in all ways except if anyone can help in getting the middle button/wheel to be linked to mission control function that is an inherent aspect of macOS. Is there any software tool from HP that is available to tag 'mission control' functionality to the wheel, including moving from one 'space' to another on the Mac desktop?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I'm not aware of any such software.

Try going to preferences/mission control and assign mission control to mouse button 3.

Try the expose windows function first.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

hey thanks for your reply, but no that is not possible. there is no way to assign the wheel in System Preferences on mac. well, I thought, HP would at least take care of such things, since a mouse is not specially os centric

HP Recommended

For some reason I was thinking the extra mouse choices would come back to the to the system preferences once logitech mouse software was removed.

Anyway, you have a few choices.

A lot of mice in the same price range come with software that allow what you want;
LS1 laser, Anywhere MX, Anywhere MX bluetooth, etc etc

Also there is standalone software that will do what you want, they come with names like SteerMouse.

But if you have to pay for the software you'll have to choose between software and just getting a new mouse. Though I think X-Mouse Button Control and a couple others are still free.

Good luck, let me know how you make out.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Thank You for your reply
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.