Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The computer doesn't have it's name big enough for me to read I know it's a brand new HP that is shiney and red and I bought in 2016 and there's no good reason in 2016 for me to have to ask WHERE IS THE SEARCH ON THIS COMPUTER AND WHERE IS THE CONTROL PANEL ON IT.... THAT i CAN'T FIND BECAUSE i CAN'T FIND THE SEARCH BOX. 

i AM SCREAMING FOR A REASON.  i JUST SPENT GOOD MONEY TO BUY A COMPUTER IN 2016 THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT EASY TO FIND THE SEARCH BOX OR THE CONTROL PANEL.   WHAT THE ACTUAL FREAK???????  

What were you thinking???????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

LollieDotCom

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

What you're experiencing is the typical frustration of folks new to Windows 10 -- and this has NOTHING to do with HP, as it was Microsoft that forced Win10 on the PC community.

I frequent the community Win10 forums and they have put together some introductory videos about Win10.

Go to this link and you will find them:  http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/5361-windows-10-instructional-videos-ten-forums-members.htm...

If you just want a condensed intro to what's new in Win10, this link has that:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/getstarted-whatsnew

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

LollieDotCom

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

What you're experiencing is the typical frustration of folks new to Windows 10 -- and this has NOTHING to do with HP, as it was Microsoft that forced Win10 on the PC community.

I frequent the community Win10 forums and they have put together some introductory videos about Win10.

Go to this link and you will find them:  http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/5361-windows-10-instructional-videos-ten-forums-members.htm...

If you just want a condensed intro to what's new in Win10, this link has that:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/getstarted-whatsnew

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

HP Recommended

If you have the 10 (newest version) then you access search on the left of the taskbar. 

If you have "original" Win 10, move the cursor to the far right hand side of the screen and a list of options appear including a search box at the top of the list (magnifying glass location).

If you are looking for a search engine to access the internet like Windows Explorer or Windows Edge, the icon should already be on your desktop.

If not, you might have to install the app.  Move cursor to far right of screen, in "Search" type Windows Explorer, and choose the app you want from the list of results that appear.  Another thing is you can view all the apps available by choosing Windows Store.

I understand your frustration.  I really really liked XP. It was so simple to get around in. But now because of smartphones

the "Apps" think has taken over.  If it is any consolation Window 10.2 is easier to figure out than the original 10.

HP Recommended

Just so you know, there is no Windows 10.2.  MS formally abandoned the ".x" notation with Win10.

Win10 comes now in versions and builds.

The first build, 10240, had no version number.

The November update introduced version 1511 and builds starting with 10586.

The most current Win10 is version 1511, build 10586.218.

HP Recommended

Ooops!  My bad.  I spoke out of frustration.  I hadn't been through the near birth experience of getting a new laptop and scrubbing all the crap off of it and learning it's quirks since 2009 (I know, thats way too long, but, whatever)... I'm fine now.  Sorry for all that screaming. 

HP Recommended

We can all relate to it.   Been there.

HP Recommended

Thanks for correcting me.   I edited my original post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.