Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14-dk1000 Laptop PC (8VZ00AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello:
I am trying to install my disc copy of Broderbund: the PrintShop 23.  My HP laptop, 14-DK1013, does not have the ISScript.msi driver installed in the OS since this laptop doesn't have any CD/DVD hardware/drive but I have an external CD/DVD player with USB attachment to plug into my laptop.  The laptop is telling me "the install script engine is missing" and so PrintShop can not be installed.  Where can I find and install that driver in this machine?  It seems unavailable in the HP website.  If yes, please suggest where to get the ISScript.msi driver.
Thank you,  jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jimmyrich -- which of the web-pages returned by this search

https://www.bing.com/search?q=ISScript.msi

gives you the best advice for installing CONTRIBUTE?

HP Recommended

I am not installing Contribute.  I've edited my post.  Thank you for the lead..............jim

HP Recommended

@jimmyrich --  this laptop doesn't have a disc drive

What do you mean by "disc drive":

1. every laptop needs some sort of "permanent" storage, whether it is a HDD (hard-disk drive) or SSD (solid-state device that emulates a HDD) or an M.2/NVME memory-stick (that also emulates a HDD);

2. the hardware to read/write CD/DVD media?

For lower weight, some laptops do not have the CD/DVD hardware. But, those laptops accept USB memory-sticks, and use Internet access for downloading device-driver software. directly onto the disc-drive.

If the Broderbund software is distributed on CD/DVD media, find another computer that does have a CD/DVD reader, and copy everything from the media onto a USB memory-stick. Move that memory-stick to your computer, and install the software.

HP Recommended

Re: What do you mean by "disc drive":  
My mistake.   It's this: 2. the hardware to read/write CD/DVD media?  I just edited my post about this detail.
My laptop does not have the CD/DVD hardware, so I am using an external CD/DVD writer to install things in the laptop. 
The problem is that my laptop does not contain the ISScript.msi driver that Printshop needs to install the program.  So far, I can find no way to obtain a copy or version of the ISScript.msi driver.

thank you for your reply,

jim

HP Recommended

@jimmyrich -- see: Windows Installer 4.5 is available (microsoft.com)

for how to download it from Microsoft.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.