Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z240 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hardware is HP Z240 sff.  Under Windows 7 64bit operating system, it  runs fine using  Legacy boot configuration. I would like  to replace Win 7 with Windows 10 64bit.  Instructions for switching to Windows 10  say to use Secure Boot, not Legacy Boot.  If boot configuration is set to Secure Boot, Windows 7 give error "Selected boot image does not authenticate" .   Is  Secure Boot required by Windows 10 or is it an option? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

It is an option.

I have all of my PC's with secure boot settings running W10 in legacy mode, and I have ancient HP business notebooks such as an nc6400 running W10 just fine with those old BIOSs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

It is an option.

I have all of my PC's with secure boot settings running W10 in legacy mode, and I have ancient HP business notebooks such as an nc6400 running W10 just fine with those old BIOSs.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I'll ignore the instructions and move on to the next step in Windows 10 installation.

silas73

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.