Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17t-an000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Omen 17t-an000 CTO. I am trying to use a docking station and an external monitor into a thunderbolt 3 port on my laptop. When the monitor is plugged into my docking station and then into the laptop, the laptop will change its screen projection to "Extend" like it should but my external monitor just says no input found. If the monitor is plugged into my laptop directly it works perfectly and both go into the "Extend" projection view.

When an ethernet cable and mouse are plugged into the dock both of those work and the if I plug the dock in with the monitor attached to my other 2 computers then the monitor and all attachments work. It is only this laptop. I have tried with 3 different docks now and all have the same result.

I believe I have all my drivers up to date and don't know what else to try.

Any ideas what's wrong or why it isn't working?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Evi1Penguin 

What is your docking station ? Is it compatible with your machine ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I tried 2 cheaper docs on amazon that are supposed to work the one I still have says Mokin as the brand and model no: MOUC0305. Then I tried a Dell Dock - WD19S and that didn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.