Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion 6823w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently had my hard drive replaced and when I insert a photo memory card into my computer, it no longer brings up a memory to view photos, or allows me to send them into HP Photosmart program or open with Windows live Photos. How do I get this menu to open again when the memory card is in the computer. I also checked my devices and printers and the memory card doesn't show there either?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for all of your help, but my warranty has expired and that solution won't work for me.

I appreciate all of your suggestions though.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Howsitwork

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried checking the memory card on different computer or camera?
  • Have you tried with the different memory card on this computer?
  • Does the computer recognise the memory card?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps:

Go into device manager and uninstall the card reader, it should be listed as IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

This will uninstall and reinstall the driver for the card reader.

Here is a link to device manager.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I tried a Kingston flash drive to see if devices would recognize it and it did. They all show in my computer listing.

I don't have another computer to try the memory cards in, but they were both recognized prior to my hard drive failing, one card is for Fuji and one for Canon. When I put either one in the computer slot, that menu would come up that I mentioned in my original question, that doesn't appear with the new hard drive.

I also went to device manager and it said the device is working properly. Since it recognizes the flash drive, in devices and printers,  but still doesn't bring up the menu, still wonder if it is a media software issue?

HP Recommended

@Howsitwork

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've confirmed alternate USB drive ( Kingston ) is working its not an issue with the computer, However  you mentioned after replacing the hard drive is not getting recognized. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for all of your help, but my warranty has expired and that solution won't work for me.

I appreciate all of your suggestions though.

HP Recommended

@Howsitwork

I understand the difficulty with the problem. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.