Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a hp pavilion touch smart23-ho24 all in one computer  with a key board to match the problem is the keyboard

has built in  speakers to match the computer when typing it has start to double space every thing. is there a fix

for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gloriais87

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@gloriais87
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Could you please share the keyboard pictures?

While you respond try the following steps to disable Sticky Keys and Toggle Keys:

1. Sign in to your account.

2. In Windows, search for and open Ease of Access settings.

3. On the Ease of Access window, select Keyboard.

4. Make sure the Sticky Keys switch is set to Off.

Turning off Sticky Keys

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did everything you  asked me to do I do not know if this happened after any changes .

it did not change any thing it still  double spaces.  I do not know how to send you a picture.

the computer is working fine  I am limited on  a lot  of teck knolage ?  so I do the best I can.

I thank you for your any kind of help you can give me.

HP Recommended

@gloriais87

• Does the issue occur with email application or with other applications as well?
  • Have you tried with an external keyboard?

Let's try and uninstall the keyboard drive and check:

• Select "Device Manager" from the pane on the left.
  • Expand the Keyboards section, right-click on the keyboard you want to "Uninstall."
  • Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Restart." When your computer boots up,
  • Windows will detect your keyboard and install the driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need to ask you a question before  I uninstall the keyboard the keyboard is part of a all in one computer.  

it has butens  that control the volume on the speakers so this is the only keyboard I can use  if you

think it wont change any thing I will gladly uninstall it.   

HP Recommended

@gloriais87

Not to worry! uninstalling the keyboard drivers won't cause any damage to your computer. 

However, once you restart your computer the keyboard drivers will be instaled automatically. 

Just to be a safer side please back up all your personal files and data before initing the process. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it seems like I am wasting your time I uninstall the keyboard it seem like the keyboard is not working .

in mean by that on ease of access in the two pages all the proper blue are on spell check so on. it  still

double space it does not spell check .     thank you for all the time you put in to this.   

HP Recommended

@gloriais87

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.