Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my pc keeps freezing on time zone i can't set it to Eastern Standard Time i have tried everything from cmd to going it and seting it myself everytime it freezing 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@MetriusMD 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that your notebook is freezing, I am glad to assist you.

Update the Bios, chipset, and drivers using HP Support Assistant.

Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here

• HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
  • Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  • Click Updates in the My notebook pane
  • Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  •  Updates list in HP Support Center
  • Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  • Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  • Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also, ensure Windows is up to date.

• Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Everything is up to date already but it still freezing on the time zone I have everything this is really upsetting 

HP Recommended

@MetriusMD 

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue, I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just had to create an account so I could voice that I too have a freezing issue with my HP Pavilion 590-p0024 desktops. I bought both of them at the same time a few years ago for my two oldest sons, and around the end of February/beginning of March they started freezing randomly and I have to force them to restart. I am suspecting that a firmware/Windows update is the cause of it. I tried re-installing Windows on one of the machines, using the 'Keep my files' option. However, the freezing issues still happen. I am at a loss as to what to do. My guess is I will have to check firmware updates of every single piece of hardware and attempt to roll back one update and then test it, but I am not positive, nor do I have the time to go down that rabbit hole.

HP Recommended

Hi @QTiP889,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing freezing issues with your HP Pavilion 590-p0024 Desktop.

Please run the updates from HP Support Assistant by following the steps listed below:
1. Download the current version from this Weblink
2. Click on Updates and Messages to scan for new updates.
3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
You may also refer to the HP document to download and use HP Support Assistant by visiting this Weblink.

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

hi QTip889 unfortunately after a re-install of windows all the pc would do is boot to a blue screen with no message after a while i just gave up and build my own pc its a good thing i backed up all my files 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.