Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 280 G1 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a problem with the Intel managment engine interface,

device cannot start code 10, Status device power failure

As far as I can tell this has only happened since updating Windows to the 21H1 update I've tried uninstalling the driver but Windows automatically reinstalls 11.7.01045  driver version that causes the problems is there a new version avalible or is this a problem with Windows update?.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Glad you were able to resolve the problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have a Dell Optiplex 7020 which has the same chipset as your PC has.

I am on W10 v21H1 and the version of the IMEI driver is 11.7.0.1032 dated 6/20/2017.

Windows update has not tried to install a newer driver and the device reports working properly in the device manager.

11.7.0.1045 is the driver on your PC's support page, so I don't know why it isn't working.

You can try this...uninstall the driver and run the hide windows update utility that I zipped up and attached below.

Hopefully the tool will find the problematic update and you can check the box to hide it.

Then I recommend you install the previous version that is on your PC's support page and hopefully that will take care of the problem.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82015.exe

HP Recommended

HI

I've disconected the Network cable and uninstalled the IME drivers Windows installed 11.7.0.1045 dated 03/10/2017 this driver was shown as working for about 10 seconds then it got the yellow exlamation mark with the same

power fault code 10.

I uninstalled all the IME drivers and rebooted letting Window dectect that seems to have worked .

Weird problem but seems to be fixed

HP Recommended

Glad you were able to resolve the problem.

HP Recommended

Me too thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.