Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

How do I stop the annoying "HP Jump Start Launch" message coming up, it only started about ten days or so ago ?.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Stormie24

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting "HP Jump start launch" message. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Provide the HP product number or computer model number?
  • When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned details, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My computer is an HP 510-P192A DTP DNX,  It started about 2 weeks or so ago. I haven't made any hardware or software changes myself, but it occasionally gets automatic updates over which I have no control. Surely it can't be too difficult to stop this ?

Regards,

Norm

HP Recommended

@Stormie24

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Follow the below steps to disable the HP Jump start Launch.

• Choose Start > Run, and type msconfig in the Open box. Click OK.
  • It will open system configuration page.
  • Select services tab and check "Hide all Microsoft services".
  • Then search for HP Jump start Launch and uncheck it.
  • Then click on apply and ok.
  • And restart your PC and see if is disabled.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy,

Nope, that didn't work !. Why does it seem so bloody difficult to remove it ?????

Regards,

Norm

HP Recommended

@Stormie24

Thanks for replying.

As @sandytechy20 is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I appreciate your patience and efforts.

Please use the following steps to remove programs and software components from your computer hard disk drive.

1. In Windows, search for and openControl Panel. In Control Panel, locate Programs, then click Uninstall a program.

Figure : Uninstalling a program

Uninstalling a program
  2. In the Uninstall or change a program window, select the program you want to remove from the list and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Changeat the top of the program list.

Figure : Example of uninstalling a program

Image of Uninstall/Change selection
  3. Read and respond to any messages that open while the software is being removed from your computer.

Also, in your fee time, if interested you may review this HP document to know what exactly the HP Jump Start does: https://hp.care/2JpNCrT

I genuinely hope this information helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. I'm always here to assist you.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello,

when talking about HP computers with W10 preload this is not true. Even if you uninstall Jump Start via control panel and/or cmd with admin rights - appwiz.cpl, it keeps popping up to every new user profile. What is needed here is a way to totally nuke the **bleep** program to another galaxy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.