Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z240
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I downloaded the update but in the process of installing it stated it cannot find whatever it needed to update. I do have the message in the security section that states that the update is needed.

Not sure how to proceed...

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

FYI" the configuration utility never loaded, possible wrong download?

HP Recommended

Well, since there are 2 downloads listed for the Z240 (I think they are the same) I downloaded the second, orverwrote the saved files and ran the exe file. I received the message once again, cannot find file TPM BIN to update.

But when I go into my security section it shows that the TPM update is still required.

I guess HP wants me tpo pay money to get this update procesed corectly.

ANYONE?

HP Recommended

TPM stats.PNG

HP Recommended

Have you placed the updates files in the same directory as the update program?

1. This SoftPaq supersedes SP81900 and SP82147.
2. It is supported on 2015, 2016, and 2017 Commercial platforms that have Infineon
SLB9670 TPM chip and the latest Commercial BIOS. For details, refer to the List of
Supported Platforms at the end of this document.
3. TPM Configuration Utility 2.0 supports the automatic selection of the bin file.
4. The TPM firmware BIN files must be in the same level with TPM Configuration
Utility to support automatic selection of the appropriate bin file.
5. Windows 7 will only work with TPM 1.2. TPM 2.0 is not supported on HP platforms
with Windows 7.
6. Windows 8.x and Windows 10 can support either TPM 1.2 or TPM 2.0.
7. TPM can be converted between TPM 1.2 and TPM 2.0 up to a maximum of 64 times.
8. The utility can only be run in Windows 7, Windows 8.x, or Windows 10. It does not
support Windows PE.
9. Physical presence is required.

HP Recommended

Have you placed the updates files in the same directory as the update program?

No, the download defaulted to drop in in my C drive. C:SWSetup

Not sure what folder it should go in.

I just confirmed my TPM is not activated... might be why I can't add the patch.

HP Recommended

Active or not, if it is in "Devise Manager", it shoult be possible to upgrade

C:\SWsetup\sp87492. It contain a folder "SRC", with the .bin files. If you move "TPMConfig" or "TPMConfig64" for Windows  x64, to "SRC" and run it from there it should work

HP Recommended

Not sure what you mean by SRC

HP Recommended

C:\SWsetup\sp87492\src

A folder created by the updatefile you have downloaded.

Instructions
• Run softpaq to extract files. By default it will extract the files in C:\SWSETUP\SP87492 folder.
• Open CMD Prompt in Administrator mode and run TPM.MSC to determine the TPM Manufacturer Information.
o Manufacturer Name: IFX
o For TPM 1.2, Manufacturer Version: Either 6.40 or 6.41 or 6.43
o For TPM 2.0, Manufacturer Version: Either 7.40 or 7.41 or 7.60 or 7.61 or 7.62 or 7.63
o Specification version: Either 1.2 or 2.0
• The utility supports
o Graphical User Interface (GUI) for step-by-step execution
o Command line mode (including silent execution)
• Run MSINFO32 to determine 32-bit or 64-bit OS. Examine System Type (will show either “x64-based PC” or “32-based PC”).
• Run the appropriate utility (TPMConfig.exe for 32-bit OS or TPMConfig64.exe for 64-bit OS) as an Administrator from the folder where the utility and TPM FW BIN file are located.
Additional Notes
• On Windows 7, TPM 1.2 must be activated in BIOS (Check TPM state in BIOS).
• On Windows 8.x or Windows 10, the OS will automatically take ownership of TPM.
• Windows 8.x and Windows 10 require GPT partition style when using TPM 2.0. The BIOS setting for boot mode should be set to native UEFI (recommended) or UEFI with CSM.
• Windows 7-64, Windows 8.x, and Windows 10 will work with MBR or GPT partition style when using TPM 1.2.
Required Supported Files
• Currently supported SoftPaqs containing the firmware binary files: SP81900 and SP82417
• All TPM firmware binary files must be in the same directory with TPM Config Utility. 

HP Recommended

Such an easy update, once one knew how to do it. It would have helped if there was a small txt file that simply stated move EXE file into folder with bin files and exacute.

Thank you for your assistance in this.

I am now running 7.63.3353.0 version 2.0

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.