Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

while installing the driver for trackpad it  shows me alert that "the driver is not supported in on this OS version" because of which i can't use my trackpad.Screenshot (13).png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Amay101 -- from where did you obtain the device-driver software? I recommend that you uninstall it, and then run the HP Support Assistant, to let it download & install the correct device-driver software.

HP Recommended

I get the driver from HP original sit yet not working, also  i  run the hp support assistance but it shows that all the drivers are installed (even when there is no trackpad driver)

HP Recommended

@Amay101 -- was that downloaded device-driver for an older version of Windows?

Or, is there a slider or a button somewhere on the keyboard to enable/disable the touchpad?

On one computer that I have used, double-tapping the top-left corner of the touchpad acted as an on/off control for the touchpad.

HP Recommended

no there isn't any button or sensor.   i also have seen my system but there is no driver now available. so i need to install one.. but while installing its the same that your os version doesn't support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.