Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amay101
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

trackpad driver issue

HP Recommended

while installing the driver for trackpad it  shows me alert that "the driver is not supported in on this OS version" because of which i can't use my trackpad.Screenshot (13).png

4 REPLIES 4
itsmyname
Level 8
2,002 1,989 75 210
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Amay101 -- from where did you obtain the device-driver software? I recommend that you uninstall it, and then run the HP Support Assistant, to let it download & install the correct device-driver software.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Amay101
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get the driver from HP original sit yet not working, also  i  run the hp support assistance but it shows that all the drivers are installed (even when there is no trackpad driver)

itsmyname
Level 8
2,002 1,989 75 210
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Amay101 -- was that downloaded device-driver for an older version of Windows?

Or, is there a slider or a button somewhere on the keyboard to enable/disable the touchpad?

On one computer that I have used, double-tapping the top-left corner of the touchpad acted as an on/off control for the touchpad.

Amay101
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no there isn't any button or sensor.   i also have seen my system but there is no driver now available. so i need to install one.. but while installing its the same that your os version doesn't support.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation