Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Unable to open files to print, have downloaded different opener system but nothing works

DRMCDORMAN
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Byrons,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

• What is the model of your printer?
  • Are you able to make copies from the printer?
  • Do you get any error when you try to print?
  • What is the type of file that you are trying to print?

Please provide the above information to assist you with accurate resolution.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is an HP Deskjet3511 but the printer was not the problem, it works fine.The problem was that I did my taxes with turbo tax, when fineshed I clicked on download/print but then I was not able to open the download to print them. I had Adobe Acrobat Reader, File Viewer Lite, Fire Fox, Microsoft edge and Reader but when I tried one of those it would say "no file found"  Thats when I logged into HP Support Assistant, while was waiting for help I decided to try to contact Turbo Tax and they were able to help get the copies I wanted from there system instead of from my download. Would still like to know if I have something set wrong in settings or somewhere. Have not had problems before openning files. 

DRMCDORMAN
HP Recommended

@Byrons,

The file that was extracted from Turbo Tax could be corrupted.

Please try these steps:

• Try downloading the file again and check if you can print. If the issue persists, try the next step.
  • Instead of directly printing from Turbo tax software, try to save the document to your PC and try to print.
  • If you still face the same issue, try saving the file in a different location on the PC and then print.
  • Also, try to print other documents from different applications and check if it prints.

Let me know what happens.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, downloaded again and saved to documents, when I opened it, it did open but all in cyber? code. So I guess I will just forget it for now because I did get a copy from turbo tax online. Then I will wait to see if I have more files that will not open in english.

Thank you for your help

DRMCDORMAN
HP Recommended

@Byrons,

Please try printing some other files and check if you can print them.

Also, try these steps:

Go to control page > device & printers > then right click > select "see what's printing".  

Cancel all documents in the print queue. Reboot your PC.

Go to control page > device & printers > then right click > select "printer properties", then print a test page.

Check if the test page prints. If it does try printing again from Turbo Tax and check if you can print the document.

Please feel free to reach us if you need any further help.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.