Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 690-0028b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried going into bios setting to change my fan speed but all i did was restart my computer using only 2 cores with virtualization being disabled, what i did was restart my computer and while it was restarting i was pressing ESC key continuously and then pressing f10 or something too but the bios didnt boot up all I got from that was my cpu only using 2 cores instead of 4.

Tried going to msconfig and changing it to 4 cores in boot advance options but it did nothing . Can anyone help?

pc motherboard is a sunflower motherboard

EDIT: supposedly you can turn on vertualiztion in Bios advance settings, finally i got bios to boot up but theirs no option to turn on vertualization 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

downloaded something that would help me with my problem but it says im booting in EFI mode and im guessing that is my problem? not sure. but if so how do i get it back to normal 

HP Recommended

@Carranza 

Sorry -- but you don't!  Why? Because in HP PCs that come preloaded with Windows 10, that is loaded in UEFI mode -- and if you force the change to Legacy mode, Windows will no longer boot.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

You won't have Virtualization as an option as that's only supported for Intel CPU's. Yours is AMD.

You usually can enable / disable hyper-threading in BIOS, but if you actually have a Ryzen 5 2400G then you should have 4 cores no hyper-threading and 8 cores with hyper-threading.

If you're only running 2 cores, then something weird has happened in Windows or you've got some serious problem with hardware.

I can't remember exactly where the hyper-threading option is .. Look for 'multi core support' in BIOS and make sure it's enabled.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.