Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion power 580-146nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a cable displayport to hdmi because my desktop has 1 HDMI and 3 displayports. The hdmi is already in use so o thought to use one of the other displayport to upgrade to 2 monitors, but i can't get a signal to the monitor connected to the displayport. I don't know wether it's the desktop or the cable that doesn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have found a solution. 

Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/XXP0aqfsBXM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
what exactly are the screens used, ports available?
the first, is connected in hdmi / hdmi?
did you try the functional screen alone on a displayport with the cable purchased?
and the other screen if possible on the HDmi input alone?
it may just be the cable that doesn’t come.
not having made this type of connection I could not direct you to the right one I think!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The main one is a gaming monitor 75Hz wich is connected HDMI to HMDI. 

The 2nd one is an old one, probably 60hz. they both work separatly only when i connect them to the HDMI.

The main one does not work with the displayport cable.

The modelnumber of my pc is HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-146nd

And the PN number is 2MJ30EA#ABH

HP Recommended

ok, in this case, it is probably the Cable which is not correct.
I do not think that the port of the graphics card is the cause, it remains possible, but unlikely!
The best would be to deamnder advice from a professional, so that he can indicate the right adapter!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have found a solution. 

Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/XXP0aqfsBXM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.