Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
WD119A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using HDMI cable my HP2710m screen is shown as a 32 inch screen (i.e. about 20% is outside active screen) after install af win 10 - 64 bit on new Dell Optiplex 3080. I need a new driver (?) or a work around. BELOW: photo of screen with system info.20220204_201701_a.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Prométhée wrote:

@karst_engsa  Anyway, you haven't answered my question.
what are your settings under windows, exactly?
new Dell Optiplex 3080, what model do you have, this does not appear to be a computer reference?
"Using HDMI cable my HP2710m screen is shown as a 32 inch screen (i.e. about 20% is outside active screen) after install af win 10 - 64 bit"
you did not have windows 10, the problem appeared later, is that it?
Are the graphics drivers up to date?
If you try the monitor with another device, no problem?

Product Specifications

• 1920 x 1080 factory-set resolution
  • Supports HDMI, DVI-D and VGA video input connectors

can you try with dvi d connector ?

"

Support for HDCP enables the monitor to display HDTV resolution if connected through the HDMI or DVI connector. A monitor without HDCP support, or connected through analog VGA, causes the displayed video to be downgraded in quality to a DVD-like resolution that is less than HDTV.
HDCP is also a content protection system. HDCP prevents transmission of non-encrypted high definition content."

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

hi

What are your video settings?

nvidia for example

Capture d’écran 2022-02-01 223448.png

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@karst_engsa  -- use the OSD (On Screen Display) on the HP Monitor to check that the resolution, and/or "zoom" of the monitor, are set to the correct values, namely the values that your graphics-adapter card is using.

HP Recommended

I have changed the OSD to the recommended 1920 x 1080 zoom 100%; - then I got the screen as shown in the picture having about 20% of the full screen outside the 27 inch screen HP 2710m. Maybe there is an isue with the HDMI cabling to a relative old screen?

HP Recommended

@karst_engsa -- Maybe there is an isue with the HDMI cabling to a relative old screen?

Possible? Yes.

Likely? No.

Easy to test? Yes, by swapping to a different HDMI cable (got such a cable feeding your TV?)

Experiment: use the OSD to set the monitor to 1280-by-1024, and restart your Windows computer, to see if your video-card accepts that setting, and does not childishly "paint outside the lines".

HP Recommended

Cool thanks @itsmyname 

new Dell Optiplex 3080, what model do you have, this does not appear to be a computer reference?
"Using HDMI cable my HP2710m screen is shown as a 32 inch screen (i.e. about 20% is outside active screen) after install af win 10 - 64 bit"

Product Specifications

"

Support for HDCP enables the monitor to display HDTV resolution if connected through the HDMI or DVI connector. A monitor without HDCP support, or connected through analog VGA, causes the displayed video to be downgraded in quality to a DVD-like resolution that is less than HDTV.
HDCP is also a content protection system. HDCP prevents transmission of non-encrypted high definition content."

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@karst_engsa  / @Prométhée  - new Dell Optiplex 3080, what model do you have, this does not appear to be a computer reference?

I had no problem finding:  OptiPlex 3080 Micro Form Factor Desktop | Dell Canada

Maybe, the author should find a discussion forum for Dell computers ???

But, it's not likely that any responses will be better than the responses on this forum.   🙂

HP Recommended

yes but i ask because as for hp computers you can have different models with different graphics card

https://www.google.com/search?q=dell+optiplex+3080&hl=fr&source=hp&ei=nKUQYtmkNKaQlwSS2YPoBw&iflsig=...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I have used both the HDMI cable supplied with the screen and a new one: Deltaco Ultra High speed: LAV CNL7XFP; recommended by the seller. I don't know if there is any difference. 

HP Recommended

@Prométhée wrote:

Product Specifications

"

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.