Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
27x Dreamcolor monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Could you please walk me through the steps to calibrate the monitor using the i1pro from xrite. Which settings should I start with on my monitor .... which color space should I be in to run the test.  I edit photos and videos. which settings should I pick in the i1 software to run the test. I edit in adobe rgb for photos then export in sRGB and use rec 709 for video. Should I not use the i1 software and just calibrate the monitor using the monitors calibration tool? if so please walk me through those steps what options to choose from

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just finished calibrating two Dreamcolor Z27x at the customer site using X-Rite i1Display Pro calibration tool (The Retail one PN: EODIS3-XR, since HP doesn´t support DCS-toolkit anymore, because EOL. It was the same tool but OEM-version that HP had)

Since Z27x does not need additional software to do the calibration, I was able to do the calibration directly via on-screen menu.

Make sure you have the latest FW: Z7X250, installed that adds support for the retail X-Rite i1Display Pro instrument.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-dreamcolor-z27x-studio-display/6644016

Here is quick info on how to do it.

1. Start the monitor and warm-up the backlight about 20-30min.

2. Press buttons to Open Menu.

3. Go to Management and Manage Internal Processor.

4. Enable Internal Processor (It is disabled as default from Factory)

5. Plug i1Display Pro toolkit on backside of the monitor USB2.0 ports that has this flower symbol and black colored USB-port. (So not the blue USB3.0 ports that you see first on the left and backside of the monitor.)

6. About 30s there should pop-up a menu "Welcome to DreamColor Calibration"

7. Select Recalibrate the current preset.

8. Position calibration device as seen on sample picture and Start calibration.

After 2-3min Calibration should be succeeded and you are done. 

Check menu that Last calibration hours are back to 0, it happens automatically.

More info can be found from User Manual:

https://hp.it-shop.bg/uploaded/6/3/DreamColor-Z27x-UG.pdf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.