Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-xa0080
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't believe that I haven't found the answer for this question when I searched the Internet.

What are the 3 buttons on the right side (when facing the monitor) used for? Thanks in advance!

20200803_161448.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@majbuzz

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, To get the answer to this question, those buttons are Volume control button and display menu button.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

When I press the top or bottom button, a small window opens up temporariy above the taskbar on the lower left side of the screen. When I press the middle button, the screen goes black and shows a message. None controlled the volume or brought up display settings.  I've attached snapshots of each. I tried, but I couldn't do a screen capture of either. I don't have a second monitor attached, nor is anything plugged into the HDMI In or Out ports.

I did a Google image search and couldn't find a similar image.

Thank you again!

Mike

20200806_124643.jpg20200806_125534.jpg

HP Recommended

@majbuzz

Thank you for posting back.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you again. I suspect that it may have something to do with an additional display. I have one, but I'll need to get an HDMI to VGA adapter.

I don't need a 2nd display right now. The pc is running very smoothly. My curiosity is still here, but the importance isn't urgent.

Please take care.

Mike

HP Recommended

@majbuzz

Thank you for posting back, 

Refer to this article: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04641829 Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.