Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought this HP Pavilion 570 Desktop PC, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 2TB, AMD Radeon R5 435.   Intended main use is for flight simulation and noticed that in-game adjustments don't correct blurry lines.  Is there access within the pc (which I don't seem to be able to find) to something like the AMD Catalyst Controller or does one have to download and install that programme to make the relevant changes to Smoothvision/tesselation/MipMap detail etc.    Would actually downloading the Catalyst Controller have any effect on the R5 card at all or is it in any way restricted in just what adjustment can be done with it ?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance,

KevinJH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @KevinJH

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @KevinJH – Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand that you are having trouble with the graphic card performance while using the flight simulations. Yes, I would recommend installing the catalyst controller to get the best output. Let's try the steps below to try and fix the issue:

1) DirectX:

DirectX is an application programming interface (API) required to run games.  To ensure DirectX is updated on your system, useMicrosoft's DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.

2) Clean install the driver software:

Make sure to reboot your PC after each step:

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Happy Gaming 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Dvortex - appreciate you replying and am pleased to say that after installing the AMD Crimson Live interface I was able to tweak away to my heart's content and am now a very happy bunny.  No more 'jaggies' in the sim and running smooth as silk.

Thank-you again :Wink:

HP Recommended

Hello, @KevinJH

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.