Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-0212a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have this new desktop, and I see it has monitor options for HDMI and VGA. My question is, should I be able to add a second monitor and drive it as a dual monitor system, as is common these days? Or am I up for an additional video card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What is it that you don't understand, or don't know?
I will give you a link, in order to know some tips for the configuration
But it's pretty simple, you need two displays with the required connectors, one HDMI, and the other VGA.
You simply connect the two, then in the windows settings, and graphics, you configure the layout of the screens
we can have several possibilities, for example the same thing on both ..
Two separate screens, for example with the desktop on one we surf the net.
And we use another program on the other, a video etc.
if that's your concern!

Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

is it OK ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

You have an integrated graphics option

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-tp01-0000a/37874144/document/c06418627

you can effectively link two screens
But everything depends on the use which will be made, the performances could be degraded, and according to the screens used.

Installing a graphics crate in this computer will not be easy
The original power supply is weak enough that limits the possibilities

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

OK, Im looking at having 2 monitors available for general office work. Not gaming or anything terribly graphics intensive.

Hoping you or someone can expand on that answer - I still don't know how to physically take 2 monitors and hook them up.

HP Recommended

What is it that you don't understand, or don't know?
I will give you a link, in order to know some tips for the configuration
But it's pretty simple, you need two displays with the required connectors, one HDMI, and the other VGA.
You simply connect the two, then in the windows settings, and graphics, you configure the layout of the screens
we can have several possibilities, for example the same thing on both ..
Two separate screens, for example with the desktop on one we surf the net.
And we use another program on the other, a video etc.
if that's your concern!

Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

is it OK ?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Ah thats simple enough, thanks. I wasn't clear on whether Im connecting 2 monitors to the same graphics adaptor in that manner. Cool!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.