Euraus
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Adding a GPU

HP Recommended
Hp envy 750-175se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Alright so I just bought this pc for some medium to light gaming. It came with a gtx 745 gpu but I was wondering if I could add a gtx 1060 6gb to the pc for better gaming?

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,995
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Euraus Welcome to HP Community!

Here's the list of graphics cards tested and approved to work on your device by HP:

• NVIDIA GTX 745 (DDR3) (4 GB)

• AMD Radeon R9 370 (GDDR5) (2 GB)

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (GDDR5) (2 GB)

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (GDDR5) (4 GB)

(As an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well, However, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed above are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation