Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Paul,

My brother confirmed ihs HP Envy has a 2TB hard drive. he also switched to legacy mode. No dice.

HP Recommended

What model video card did he get?

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

He has a n Nvidia 650 (non TI or TI BOOST). The new 650Watt (overkill) PSU has already been installed and is working.

Product page: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650

HP Recommended

Update

The HP support page does not show a bios update when Windows 10 is selected as the OS (it came with it pre-loaded). So I initially thought they just didn't have one for this model. Chnaged it to windows 8.1 and the bios updates are available. Hadmy brother download the latest one, 80.22 Rev.A. He made sure to set secure boot to off and enable the pci-express. Then tried to boot with the nvidia gpu. Same issue.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't know of any BIOS compatibility issues with the nvidia 600 series graphics cards and the generation PC your brother has.

Unfortunately I don't know what the issue could be (unless the graphics card is defective).

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

The gpu had worked as of 2 moths ago. it was replaced because he needed a higher performing gpu. I've asked him to put the 650 into his main system and see if it boots. I'm failry positive it will. I'll update everyone with his response.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

He must have missed something in the bios. He ended up taking it to geeksquad.... All they did was change a bios setting and charged him who know how much money. I asked him and he wasn't sure what the setting was. Atleast it is working now.

Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad that the graphics card is working now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.