Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One PC 24-ck0000a (4K196AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an all-in-one device with an HDMI output port.  If I purchase another monitor, can I split the image between the two displays or will I only be able to duplicate the image? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Allyouneed,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you want to know if you can split the screen or only duplicate the screen. To answer your question: Yes you will be able to extend the screen and use both displays at the same time(Split). 

Use the following instructions to either extend or duplicate the desktop with a second monitor as per your preference:

• Right-click anywhere on the desktop.
  • Click Display Settings.
  • If only one monitor is showing in the window, first verify that the connections are secure between the monitors and the computer. Then, click Detect. If Windows does not recognize both monitors, click Identify. The numbers 1 2, or 3 are shown on the monitor icons to help you identify the monitors.
  • If Display, Resolution, Orientation, or Multiple displays selections in the Screen Resolution window are dimmed, not allowing you to make the desired changes, see; Configuring the display with the display driver.
  • Use the Multiple displays drop-down list to select one of the following options:
  • Duplicate these displays: Show the entire desktop on both displays. 
  • Extend these displays: Stretch the desktop across the two displays.
  • Show desktop only on 1: Use only display 1 and show nothing on display 2.
  • Show desktop only on 2: Use only display 2 and show nothing on display 1.
  • (Optional) To change the direction of the desktop extension (usually left or right to match how the displays are physically positioned), select a monitor and drag it to the desired position.
  • When done, click Apply.

Refer to this article to know more information about using two or more monitors.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.