Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP LP2475
Linux

Hi,

I have a large number of customer systems, (200+) with HP LP2475 monitors.These date back to around the year 2012. 

At what point should I be recommending replacement of these monitors?

I can request the backlight hours data from the OSD, but what is the recommended change point for the monitor in terms of backlight hours?

I can see Eizo quotes 30,000 hours, but what about the HP LP2475 specifically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Howie_Anderson 

I do understand your concern as I used to be an Engineer -- but I'm not aware of any predicted lifecycle or MTBF numbers that HP publishes that could guide you in planned replacement cycles.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Howie_Anderson 

If these monitors were failing with problems like dimming screens, washed out colours, or fuzzy rendering, I could understand your determination to replace them.  But if they are working OK, I don't see the need to replace them -- unless you are looking for features or higher resolutions that newer monitors offer.

HP Recommended

Thanks @WAWood . We will refresh the end users Workstations later this year, however they have no intent to refresh their monitors, so will use them with the newer workstation base units. We have not seen (on our reference equipment) or received any reports of dimming screens etc. I was concerned there may be a point in time where failures will start to occur, and as these systems were all purchased and delivered within a few months, that could be a big activity to resolve. If there is no recommended lifecycle/refresh date for monitors, I guess we will just carry on until we see failures.

HP Recommended

@Howie_Anderson 

I do understand your concern as I used to be an Engineer -- but I'm not aware of any predicted lifecycle or MTBF numbers that HP publishes that could guide you in planned replacement cycles.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.