Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy23 Touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Everyone,

MAJOR issues with the video quality on the internal webcam AND it seems it can't even handle the add backgrounds or I must be doing something wrong. I tried this on Zoom and other services.

I put the highest resolution I could and I still come out grainy. What external cameras can have you found works best with this computer and do you also have issues with adding background images or Zoom or similar services? Is the graphics card not strong enough to handle?

Also I have done the following:

• Made sure your video recording environment has good lighting.

• Changed the image quality, brightness, contrast, and other adjustments in the webcam software.

• Reduced the size of the video image in the webcam software.

• Used a high-speed Internet connection - I have a direct connect to fiber, it is crazy fast.

• Not using other high-speed USB devices while using the webcam.

THANKS!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@eli4 

There are few good webcams on HP Store

https://store.hp.com/us/en/plp/accessories/audio-visual&use=computer-camera

It is up to you but I tested the Logitech C925e Webcam (on the list) and it is good

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding! Will that make my picture much better (less grainy) and allow for the Zoom backgrounds to work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.