Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I maximize any window, My screen blinks for an instance (Like the picture shown below). It happens fast but in some cases it takes more time. I guess always the left side of the screen becomes white or black. I don't know when it started but sometimes it becomes really annoying.

Thanks,

Taha

Screenshot (17).png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Taha44 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the screen is blinking while maximizing any windows.

Do not worry. Let's work together and get this issue addressed.

Have you made any changes to the computer?

If you haven't, please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure, 

if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your computer, 

if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here 

  

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS) 

Please Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for windows updates.

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, Perform system reset and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have already installed all the updates. Also, I don't have access to another display but the problem is definitely from my software because When minimizing or restoring down windows, the transitions are smooth and there is no problem in any other section other than maximizing windows!

I am afraid to uninstall the driver and new problems will appear after reinstalling (this problem happened for my touchpad which I have already reported in this forum)! If there is no other way I prefer to get used to this issue!

Thanks,

Taha

HP Recommended

@Taha44 I suggest you create a backup of all your personal data before initiating a reset or reinstalling the driver, in such cases, even if any other issue occurs - which can also be sorted, you will have all your data in a safe place, let me know what you'd like to do, keep us posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.