Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2511x monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp 2511x display has developed a blue vertical line passing through a dead pixel.  Have updated drivers and restored to factory defaults but no help.

Is this a monitor or AV card problem?  Using a NVDIA Geoforce gt630 card.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@alsbiz

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP 2511x 25 inch Diagonal LED Monitor and it has a blue vertical line passing through a dead pixel. You have updated the drivers and restored to factory defaults and the issue still persists, I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know if any changes took place on the monitor after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Let's perform a monitor self-test.
  • Power off the monitor and the computer to which it is connected to.
  • Disconnect the monitor cable from the computer. 
  • Power on only the monitor. This should bring up a message on the monitor as check video signal, no input signal detected, etc.
  • If you still see the blue vertical line passing through the pixel then it indicates a hardware failure with the monitor and not the video card. In such a case I suggest you to reach out to HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your HP monitor. 

Feel free to let me know the outcome. All the best! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@alsbiz

I understand that you have an HP 2511x 25 inch Diagonal LED Monitor and it has a blue vertical line passing through a dead pixel. You have updated the drivers and restored to factory defaults and the issue still persists, I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know if any changes took place on the monitor after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power on only the monitor. This should bring up a message on the monitor as check video signal, no input signal detected, etc.
  • If you still see the blue vertical line passing through the pixel then it indicates a hardware failure with the monitor and not the video card. In such a case I suggest you to reach out to HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your HP monitor. 

HP Recommended

@MKazi wrote:

@alsbiz

Many thanks for your helpful response.  It was definitely the monitor, which is a shame since it is only a couple of years old.  Next time, I'm trying a different brand.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.